Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review: The Heiress

Yearning for the Beach

 Yearning for the Beach – A Poem

 


Oh, how I yearn for the sun-kissed shore,
No work, no bills, just peace to adore.
Away from toxic colleagues, I dream to be,
Where it's just me, the sky, the sand, the sea.
 
Beneath the cerulean sky, I'd lie,
With every worry and stress left awry.
The sand, so soft beneath my feet,
A heavenly retreat, where cares deplete.
 
As the birds swoop and soar up high,
In harmony with nature's lullaby.
I'd close my eyes, surrender my soul,
And let the beach rhythms take control.
 
Oh, the sea, I miss its salty scent,
A tender embrace, so tranquil, so meant.
Its shimmering waves, a gentle caress,
A balm for my weary heart's distress.
 
How I long for a vacation divine,
To the beach, where peace is truly mine.
To lose myself in leisure and play,
And chase my worries far away.
 
No deadlines, no stress, no meetings to bear,
Just the beauty around, beyond compare.
The waves melody, a symphony rare,
Washing away all worries, all despair.
 
But until that day, I'll cherish this dream more,
Where the beach and I unite, like before.
For in my heart, I hold the power to reach,
The solace and serenity of that longed-for beach.

Comments