Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review: The Heiress

My Top 5 Christmas Movies for a Holly Jolly Time 🎄

The Christmas season is one of my favorite times of the year with the festive spirit dancing in every corner. And since it’s a time to celebrate the magic of the season, I can’t resist snuggling up in my bed to watch some Christmas movies. Every year at that time, I usually watch some of these movies, but there are certain ones that whisk me away to a nostalgic place and remind me of the sheer delight I felt during Christmas and New Year’s in my childhood.
So, here I am sharing my top 5 favorite Christmas movies that I usually watch each year if I have the time to.
1. Home Alone 1 & 2
These absolute gems are my all-time favorite Christmas movies. With their unique blend of laughter and warmth, they hold a special place in my heart. I love watching Kevin McCallister outsmart the burglars, Harry and Marv, in both his house and in New York City. The two movies are my must-watch during the magical season. They make me laugh and cry at the same time, and never fail to remind me of the profound significance of familial bonds.

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas
Another must-watch movie that the Christmas season wouldn’t be complete without. This masterpiece is a whimsical blend combining Halloween and Christmas in a very unique and creative way. It’s a musical fantasy that tells the story of Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, whose curiosity leads him to stumble upon the enchanting Christmas Town. Then, he tries to recreate Christmas in his own spooky style, but things don't go as planned. This movie always inspires me to be thankful for everything I have and appreciate who I am.

3. Gremlins 1 & 2
Since I was a little kid, these two movies have always been synonymous with Christmas for me. The comedy-horror films are a delightful blend of giggles and goosebumps, mixing cute and scary elements in equal measure. I absolutely adore the cute and cuddly Mogwai, Gizmo, as well as the mischievous and wicked Gremlins who multiply and wreak havoc when all the rules are broken. This movie always makes me feel nostalgic and thrilled, and it teaches me to be careful what I wish for.

4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
This live-action adaptation of the Dr. Seuss book, with Jim Carrey rocking the role of the Grinch, is a perfect-watch to get anyone into an amusing Christmas experience, with our green Christmas-loathing friend trying to spoil the holiday cheer for the people of Whoville. Eventually, he learns the true meaning of Christmas. This movie always puts a smile on my face, serving as a friendly reminder that Christmas isn’t about the presents under the tree, but about embracing the joyful spirit of this magical season.

5. Batman & Robin
I know what you’re thinking right now. Batman & Robin?! Yeah, I know. This wacky flick might seem like an odd choice for a Christmas movie, but for some reason, I sometimes watch it during the festive season. Maybe because it makes me feel nostalgic; I have no idea, but it reminds me of the New Year celebrations of my childhood. This hilarious movie is about Batman and Robin, who have to stop Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy from freezing the world and turning Gotham City into a giant popsicle. Well, I won’t lie; this movie is pretty terrible that it’s a masterpiece of comedic disaster. It’s full of cheesy lines, ridiculous costumes, and over-the-top action. Still, it’s a guilty pleasure that I enjoy watching and laughing at. 

As the Christmas season approaches, I can't help but reminisce about these movies that have filled my heart with joy over the years. They aren’t the best movies ever made, but they bring back fond memories.  
I wish you all a merry Christmas, and happy holidays! ❤️

Comments