Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review: The Heiress

Valentine’s Day - A Poem

 Valentine’s Day ❤️ - A Poem

In a world full of love, 

I'm the only one left out.

Everywhere I look, 

Couples are all about.


In streets, 

In books, 

On TV screens,

On the radio when romantic music is played.


Love is in the air,

Everywhere,

All day,

but not for me.


I see them holding hands, 

And kissing with glee.

Their hearts filled with joy, 

Their love set free.


While I'm left here, 

All alone and blue,

Wishing I had someone 

To love too.


In the park, 

They stroll hand in hand.

Their laughter and smiles, 

So grand.


I pass by, 

With a heavy heart

Wishing

I could be a part.


In the movies, 

They fall in love so fast.

Their love stories, 

A beautiful past.


I watch with longing, 

Feeling so left out.

Wishing 

I had a love to shout.


In the books, 

They find their true love.

Their hearts beating fast, 

Their love above.


I read with envy, 

Feeling so alone

Wishing 

I had a love of my own


But, 

I'm the only one

Left out of this love, 

So fun.


Everyone's in love, 

it seems.

But not for me, 

It's just a dream.



P.S.: I originally wrote this poem on 14 February 2018. However, it’s still relatable that I consider it my annual Valentine’s Day anthem.

Comments