Skip to main content

Featured

Book Review: The Heiress

Book Review: The Teacher

The Teacher by Freida McFadden

Genres: Mystery, Thriller, Fiction 

Pages: 402

Format: eBook

My Rating: ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ ðŸ‘ 

Holy Crap! “The Teacher” by Freida McFadden is definitely unputdownable, page-turner, and, full of sick-minded characters. I was so invested in it that I finished it in just one sitting; I have no idea how. But after that epilogue, I’m a bit let down.

The prologue is intense and the twists are far from predictable, I was like owwww that’s fire. The story is told from 3 POVs, Eve, Addie, and Nate. It revolves around a married couple, Nate the incredibly handsome English teacher and his plain Jane wife Eve. Everyone thinks they’re a happily married couple and Eve is so lucky to have him. Until one day, Addie, their student, gets in the picture. 

From the very beginning, I smelled something fishy with Nate. I usually don’t trust men depicted as being too good to be true in books cause they turn out the opposite. And I was right, Nate is an absolute dirtbag. 

I really hated Nate. He’s probably the most manipulative and gaslighter character I’ve ever encountered in a book. The way he gives himself excuses for his acts is irritating. He thinks he’s a dreamer poet with a very big heart that almost every girl he sets eyes on is his soulmate…pfft!

Eve was my favorite until she betrayed me in the epilogue. Sadly, she isn't so different from Nate, she’s clearly no saint. I was so on Eve’s side till the very end, but the final twist left me in a huff. However, I was actually waiting for the twist when Eve reveals that Nate’s poem was actually written for her in the first place. I was really glad she did what she did to Nate. That bastard deserved it.

As for Addie, oh man, that girl got on my nerves so bad. She’s the epitome of a delulu girl. She was one fine prey for Nate to groom. I wanted to shake her hard and tell her, “Girl, wake up!”

The biggest mystery of the entire book is Hudson. How in hell he has a limited license and isn’t even allowed to drive, but he easily managed to… well, I don’t wanna spoil it. But seriously, it makes no sense, and it’s driving me nuts.

Somehow, this book shook me by having zero decent characters. Literally, everyone was equally terrible. This book weirdly makes Kenzie seem like a normal human being.

While reading this book, I was so sure I’d give it 5 stars. I didn’t know that the ending would punch me in the face and teach me I’m so easy to deceive. I’ve never been so mad at a book like this one.

So, to wrap all up, I guess 3 stars are enough cause I managed to finish the book to the end in one sitting. I really enjoyed it, except for the final traumatizing twist that made me want to throw the book across the room. Props to the author for making me feel this way tho.

This was my first read by Freida McFadden. Despite me feeling betrayed by the ending, I’m in for more of her books.

Comments